Monday, July 2, 2012

So I guess this is it...

I've received quite a few emails wondering how my surgery went and how I was (thank you). Obviously, I survived but I guess things didn't go as planned because I have another surgery next week. It's not as invasive but it's still frustrating. This whole process has been a major inconvenience but there's nothing I can do about it because things don't always go as planned and things take time to heal.

It's safe to say that from the beginning, I've struggled with this blog space, never really 'getting it' or knowing what to write about. As much as I wanted to see the light, there just wasn't any to be seen. Everyone has uphill battles in life and sharing mine just feels wrong. I've packed up the things that made me uncomfortable and moved my writing somewhere else. It's a fresh start with no need to censor (I'm not censoring from you).

For those of you who showed me compassion when everything was upside down, I really appreciate it. For those of you who took the opportunity to kick me in the ribs while I was down, fuck off. You know who you are and your time will come. (No, not you).

I'm not really the type to brag but I am impressed with where things are going with my writing. Someone special once told me to write a book so that's exactly what I'm doing.

13 comments:

  1. *i* think you are amazing. i have read you posts for a few years now and can't get over the way your write and how you open yourself for us to read. You should be very proud of yourself. i hope everything goes well with the 2nd surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck on the book. Please share the info when it's done. i would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiii!!!
    I'm glad you are ok. I was one of the one's who emailed you to ask you how you were and let you knowI want to read where you write. This is Genie *s* I haven't heard back yet asnd don't know where to find you....... Can you please let me know? I sometimes think about you if you can believe that..... I hope your next surgery goes perfectly!!!!!!!!!!
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are moving on and finding a place that suits you. I wish you all the best and look forward to reading all you have to offer. You know where to find me. Good luck next week!!! I am sure this will fix all of it, and onward and upward from there - for both of us :) My Marine friend is fun :) Happy 4th of July to you from Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. You never did seem at home here. We float until we land someplace we can root for a while. Not necessarily forever, but someplace we feel safe and fertilized.

    Good luck with getting things patched up - and you know how to get in touch should you want to talk more. Or find yourself down this way.

    o.g.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and best wishes with your book! You have a lot of experiences to draw from, so it should be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atta girl. Keep on going, and all will be well. Eventually. But you've already proven you're strong, and you can hang on to that. I didn't hear back from you about where you're moving (I emailed you...) which is of course entirely up to you. I know you'll do well. Offer to help edit stands, by the way.

    Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck sweetie~ i wish you the absolute best in your writing and healing~
    hugs~
    Hisflower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a speedy recovery and healing light.

    You know, when I was taking my first drawing class in university my professor took some time during one class to teach us a little meditation. Part of that meditation involved seeing a tiny white light that would heal pain when the light was pointed at the painful area. At the risk of being thought a flake, I'll say that it worked! Have you tried any meditation to help you find some light when you feel oppressed by darkness?

    By the way, I would also like to continue to read you, if you'd like to share the new link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope you are well and that life is giving you all you deserve- which is the very best... hugs sweetie`

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sweet of you to say! I was really tickled to see you checked in to see how things went after so long... You made my day! I hope life is treating you well and you, too, deserve the very best. Hope this finds you happy! xoxx ~k

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss reading your blog. Xhamster still has my favorite video of you. Do you have another blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to read your blog and miss your words, but most of all I hope you are well and are thoroughly enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Id love to see your new writing. Im on hamster as sirstephan. I used to get lost in your writings as an escape from my own dull and unfulfilled life.

    ReplyDelete